The Internet is loaded with queries of how to recover deleted and formatted data from a Pen Drive. The Pen Drive is such a sturdy, efficient and popular data storage device that we hardly think twice before storing our sensitive, personal and professional data, precious pictures and videos on it. We assume our data is always safe and available at a moment’s notice. But if that was to be the case then why would so many people have troubles with recovering deleted and formatted data from pen drive?
Let us first understand what happens when you format any data storage device? When you format a pen drive or any data storage device, the system does not delete the actual files but marks the entire storage space as available to store new data and deletes the data from the internal address table which is used to locate the information. That is the reason you cannot locate the data on your own.
Also check : Top 5 Most Addictive Android Games in 2018
In order to recover deleted or formatted data, it is very important that you do not perform any further actions on the formatted device. Any overwriting will permanently delete the files and recovery won’t be possible.
- Restore from Backup
Regularly backup the data you have on the pen drive to another data storage device. This is the most hassle-free method to recover your important data if it is accidentally deleted or formatted.
2. Recover formatted files with data recovery software or data recovery services
If you do not have the backup and you accidentally deleted the data or formatted the pen drive, don’t panic. You can still recover the data using data recovery software or service.
I have personally used data recovery software from multiple service providers. Some are so complex that even the technology geeks find them hard to use, some lack features and some are too pricey. But one company which stood out among them was Stellar Data Recovery.
Stellar Windows Data Recovery is a safe, secure and easy-to-use data recovery software which can recover your photos, videos, and other data easily from any type of data storage devices such a pen drives, hard drive, memory card, and other types of storage devices. Please follow the steps below to recover your data-
- Download, install and launch the software.
- Select the type of data you want to recover or you can select ‘All Files’.
- Select the drive to recover the data from and click Scan.
- The software will scan the selected drive and show a list of recoverable files. You can also look at the pictures in this preview stage.
- Select the files to recover and click on ‘Recover’.
- Provide a destination to save the recovered files; it can be a hard drive, another USB drive or any other folder. Your data will be saved at the destination.
If you would like to seek help from a professional data recovery service, I highly recommend the team of data recovery experts at Stellar Data Recovery. They are the leading data recovery service provider in India and recovering data since 1993. Stellar uses cutting edge technology and best practices to ensure maximum recovery from your device. They offer-
- Best in class infrastructure comprising of logical data recovery lab for logical failures and Class 100 Clean Room lab or physical recovery lab for physical failures.
- A crew of trained recovery specialists and in-house research and development team.
- No Recovery, No Charge policy – if the company cannot recover the data specified by the client, no money will be charged.
- Secure, confidential and fast recovery of your data is the goal of Stellar Data Recovery.
- The only ISO 27001 and ISO 9001 certified organization in India who practices ISO guidelines inside the data recovery centers.
- Excellent customer service with centralized helpline number and prompt response.
- Free media pickup, delivery
With 35,000+ recoveries every year, 15 data recovery centers in India and confidence of over 2+ million customers across the world, you can trust Stellar Data Recovery to recover personal or professional data regardless of your specific problem.